Monday, January 31, 2011

January faves & most used: EYES

Now for eyes; I have quite a lot of eye products because some I used when I was practising and stuff and just trying out, so some I liked but I don't always use because I don't really use that type of product that much, but more about each thing when I get up to it.

Too Faced Natural Eye
I love this eye shadow palette TONS, I used it recently in a neutral eye tutorial.
I feel like it's packaging is a little thicker than it should be, but other than that I love this.
Obviously this isn't as versatile as the Urban Decay Naked palette but I don't have that and you can't buy it in Melbourne.
My favourite shades are silk teddy, push up and heaven, which were the three in the tutorial. I also like honey pot, which is a classic silky gold and sexpresso, which is quite similar to MAC's satin taupe.




Sportsgirl's Colour Me In Eye Shadow Pencil in Goddess
This jumbo pencil has a copper colour and a white.
I sometimes use the copper colour for my inner corner on my lid, but I feel like the product doesn't blend fantastically, so occasionally the product isn't really spread out evenly.
I like the white to just put on my tear duct to brighten up the eyes.




Sportsgirl's Shady Lady Eye Colour in Dream Catcher
This duo was actually on sale, which was awesome! I don't know if they still stock it though.
I really like the bronzy gold here, it is a good knockoff/dupe for MAC's woodwinked.
I'm starting to really like Sportsgirl's makeup, the quality is actually really good.
I personally feel the highlight colour is too shimmery, I prefer a matte highlight.



Sephora's Coffee In New York Palette
This is one of the 5 palettes in the 5 on the go palettes box from Sephora.
I also really like the blush in this, but it is better suited for me during winter.


I like this as a highlight colour too, this one is a pretty good knockoff/dupe for MAC's shroom (I think that's how you spell it)


And this matte chocolate brown colour is nice in the crease.


Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Eyeliner in Black
I don't usually like to wear eyeliner, it's a bit too dramatic in my opinion for me, because I feel like my eyes are already quite dark and I don't want to make my eyes too dark.
But I just put this on if you guys wanted a favourite for eyeliner.



Maybelline Volum' Express Hypercurl Mascara
I have a couple mascaras to show you, because I don't always use mascara, but these are some of my faves that I like to switch between.
I don't think you can actually get this one in Melbourne, I can't seem to find it, but I got it in Hong Kong.
All round this one is pretty good, it gives me a nice subtle look, because I don't want huge dramatic lashes, just a little. It clumps a tiny bit which I actually think is good, because sometimes super spidery lashes are not my prefered everyday look.


It just has a scoop brush with meddled bristles.


Max Factor's 2000 Calorie Aqua Lash
This one makes my lashes super separated and sometimes, if I apple tons, it can turn spidery. It makes my lashes long and also doesn't clump. If I'm going for natural but defined lashes, I need to watch with this, because a little can go a long way.


It has the average applicater but has defined bristles that swirl around the stick like a staircase.


Loreal's Telescopic Explosion Mascara
This has the new ball, sea urchin looking applicator and is a knockoff/dupe for the Givenchy mascara, sorry I forgot the name.
This one makes my lashes super long and gives good length but not much volume.
It also clumps often and can leave residue because it isn't waterproof.
Why I am I putting this in my favourites if I'm giving negative comments? I don't know.
But it is good at times, I had fun playing around with it, but I just wouldn't wear it everyday, you know, for me.


That's it for eyes, next is lips and maybe combined with brushes.

Also, if any of you guys have tried the Covergirl Lash Blast fusions, volume and etc, tell me what you think? Because I might grab one of those babies for myself. Or comment on any other mascaras you like and please mention what effect it creates. I am looking for a mascara that isn't super dramatic, I would like something that lengthens AND volumes though.

Thanks mates (:

2 comments:

  1. I might get the Sportsgirl eyeshadow pen. Looks pretty good. :) And as for mascara I have no idea which ones are good.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Too Faced shadow palette looks great. I love shimmery browns/golds/bronzes/etc. I just got Covergirl LashBlast length. They actually sent me a free one, which was really nice. It makes your lashes long (obviously) but also separates them really well and makes them look really clean and piece-y. It's a nice mascara for daytime.

    Thanks for following my blog! I really appreciate it. :)

    xox Courtney Michele
    http://rarereveuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete